Friday, October 21, 2005

"Thanks. They're fake."

Another reason I shouldn't speak to people:

This morning, a woman I work with told me she liked my earrings. (They're long, dangly, very 80s.) I responded with, "Thanks. They're fake. They make my ears itch."

Now, that just sounds ridiculous. And was there any question that they were fake? They don't sparkle. It's not like they could be confused with diamonds. And why does she care whether or not my ears itch.

Everyone asks why I'm so antisocial. It's because, when I actually do talk to people, I sound like that.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love this. it's so 'you'
write more. amuse me, puppet of the corporate world.
<3 <3

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

as a general rule, if you're itchy somewhere, keep i to yourself

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's you: "Aunty Social." ;)

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home