Wednesday, November 23, 2005

"the game kids are DYING to play"

I heard a commercial on the radio yesterday for a news story about "Protecting your kids from the game they're DYING to play." I'm assuming they were talking about the whole kids choking each other for fun thing. (The following rant doesn't need my little commercial introduction to make sense, but I just threw that in there to show the big deal people are making about this.)

OK, so you find out that your kids are now choking each other for fun -- or to get high, or pass out, or 'cause it's cool, or whatever the hell they think. And you don't know what to do about it? BEAT THE CRAP out of your kids.

Now, I'm not a parent, and probably won't be for a few years. But I can tell you right now -- and both of my parents would probably agree -- that I would beat the crap out of my kid.

What are your options? How else do you treat a child who thinks it's smart/fun/cool to choke someone (or be choked) until passing out?

I'm not talking 5- or 6-year olds. These are teenagers doing this.

And it's not new! Why do people think it's new? My (future) mother-in-law said that kids were doing that when she was young. And when I was younger!

The summer after sixth grade I went to camp (the only time my parents made the mistake of dropping me off in the wilderness) and there was this group of kids making each other pass out.

'Ooh, look, she's shaking and drooling on the ground and I can see up her skirt. Wanna try?'

I don't think so.

I didn't have many friends when I was that age, and I wanted to be part of the crowd. During that same camp experience, I even let an older boy (named Nino) touch my boob when we were taking a picture together because I didn't want him to think I was lame. But allowing someone else to choke me would have been dumb. That much I knew.

So why are people having such a problem "talking to their kids" about this?

DON'T LET ANYONE CHOKE YOU. Fuckin duh, man. Seriously. Do we really need an hour-long Oprah special on this one, or can kids just develop minds that work independently of other people before they start killing their brain cells?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't you just take this fucking thing down already?

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unbelieveable. You'd beat the crap out of your kids if you had them???

Please, do the world a favor and never have kids.

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home